BOULDER, Colo. – Wednesday, September 16, 2009 --
Just in time to help the foodservice and hospitality industry move forward in the improving economic environment,
ChefTec Software will release a new version,
ChefTec 2010, next month (October).
"The tough economy offered us a great opportunity to partner with our users," commented
Catherine Buresh, Operations Manager for Culinary Software Services.
ChefTec users are some of the savviest professionals in the industry. We are proud that over 70%
of our product development reflects their priorities. Over the last
year and a half, as margins got leaner, our users have told us that
ChefTec is a tool for them to control costs, cut waste and improve efficiency.
ChefTec 2010 builds upon that."
New features and functionality in ChefTec 2010 include:
- New nutritional information with Nutrition Facts declarations for Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated fats.
- Allergen Alerts: Allergen Alerts in ChefTec 2010 has preloaded data for ingredients that contain protein derived from milk, eggs,
fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans. Allergen Alerts will automatically show this information for ingredients and for recipes using these ingredients,
giving you an easy way to keep your customers safe.
- A data entry breakthrough for adding conversions for non-standard units. ChefTec 2010 gives users the ability to add a conversion for
non-standard unit (like "tin" or "case") one time and have it applied globally to
every recipe that uses an ingredient with that unit.
- A new data-aware informational message that will automatically prompt users when they are changing an existing unit
conversion that will have an impact on their data.
- New ways to track waste and sales on the "Inventory On Hand" screen and report.
About Culinary Software Services, Inc.
Culinary Software Services, Inc. is the leading provider of foodservice software to the hospitality industry. Products include CorTec and ChefTec
for recipe and menu costing, inventory control, purchasing and ordering, and nutritional analysis. Culinary Software Services won the IQ Award for
Software Products & Services and ChefTec twice won the Innovator's Award for Technology from the California Restaurant Association. Installations
include all Marriott International Hotels Worldwide, Charlie Trotter's, Dean & Deluca, Boston Market, Whole Foods Market, Trump International Beach Resort,
Concessions International, Destination Hotels, the Wild Dunes Resort, and Publix Super Markets. Founded in 1990, Culinary Software Services is located in Boulder, Colo. For more information
visit our Web site at www.ChefTec.com.