Make your operation more efficient, more productive, more profitable with ChefTec xt4.
Building on over 45,000 customers and over 20 years of experience creating software solutions for the foodservice industry,
ChefTec xt4 takes the best back office software on the market and makes it better!
Over 70% of ChefTec Software development is based on customer feedback and requests for functionality.
In this latest release, ChefTec xt4 has product enhancements that will make your life easier!
Harnessing the power of Microsoft's Windows 10 (and Windows 8 and 7) technology, ChefTec xt4 provides powerful performance, greater scalability and exceptional reliability.
ChefTec xt4 offers all-new features and functions, including:
- Works with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 operating system.
- SQL Server 2012 Express ships as default (SQL Server 2008 also available or use your own MS SQL Server).
- Activation feature that allows receipt of purchased ChefTec products through activation rather than waiting for a CD in the mail.
- Added ability to "Select Your Primary Language" when ChefTec starts for the first time after installation.
NEW Quicker, Easier Data Entry, and Searching Capabilities
- Ability to multi-select recipe names to change capitalization: lowercase, uppercase, or titlecase.
- Reduce the need for data entry by scheduling sales imports. This comes with enhanced functionality of simultaneous import of multi-operation sales.
- Speed up your system by setting how many items show up in lists, such as the "Orders" list or "Inventory" list. Selection can be done by hours or days.
- The "Alerts & Reminders" (ARM) module has been enhanced to include the ability to schedule and set repeat reminders.
- Quicker deletion of multiple recipes.
- More speed-typing capabilities throughout program.
- Brand new, powerful "Search for Inventory Item" screen that can be used during recipe writing.
- Automatic prompt to facilitate converting from the unit "each" to a standard unit, such as "lb", when using sub-recipes.
ENHANCED Inventory Control Functions
- Easier tracking of non-active inventory items in physical inventory locations.
- Added new seamless ordering and invoicing EDI interfaces for FreshPoint, Maines Paper & Food Services, and United Natural Foods (UNFI).
- Ability to enter location-specific container weights (e.g. "hotel pan") for calculating extensions by tare weight.
- "Ordering" has been added to Reinhart EDI for seamless ordering to Reinhart FoodService.
- Implemented the ability to add "Preferred Vendor" on a "Shopping List".
- Implemented the ability to select a "Preferred Vendor" for specific inventory items where using a preferred vendor is more important than a lower cost.
- Added "Discrepancy" report that shows what has been ordered and what has been received.
- Ability to auto-import (using scheduling) inventory pricing information from all EDI interfaces.
- Ability to see "par levels" on the "Inventory List" as well as in the par screens.
- Vendor information can now be displayed on "Order List".
- Ability to place financial limits "by order" and "by limit" over a specific period.
- Added individual inventory "Trigger Values" to be used when ordering to bring an ingredient up to par.
- Implemented additional ways to order from a "Shopping List".
- Report Manager option for "Shopping List" report:
(*) Use shopping list unit
( ) Round up to a "whole" unit
- A clearer display on the "Par Entry" screen depending on "Used For" selection.
- Use of multiple delivery addresses on the "Order Form" for different profit centers.
- Generate orders seamlessly from your theoretical ending inventory, based on purchases, production and sales.
- Ability to "receive" items directly on received orders and see discrepancies. This functionality is also available in ChefTec Mobile.
- Tagged items on orders to appear on Alerts & Reminders.
- Enhanced features of inventory accounting categories.
- Added auto-export using scheduler for "Summary of Invoices by Account Category" report.
- "Key Inventory" functionality has been improved allowing you to work with just key inventory items in the physical locations as well as print "Physical Inventory Worksheets" by just key inventory.
- Ability to look at past sales with historical pricing, rather than last price.
- Schools, colleges and non-profit businesses can now account easily for donated inventory items.
ENHANCED Bidding Functions
- Easier and quicker import of new bids.
- Ability to enter all bid dates to the same date.
- Ability to change all bid dates globally.
- Bid history is now available.
- An "Alert" has been added for showing when inventory item purchase is above the current bid price.
- Functionality added to allow individual bid prices per profit center.
- Option remains for "global bid prices" to allow all profit centers to share bids.
- Advanced feature to allows some bid prices to be shared between profit centers and some profits to have in dependant bids.
- Ability to enter future bid prices that don't come into effect until current bid prices expire.
Nutrition and Food Saftety
- Easier data-entry of HACCP information.
- Automatic identification of gluten-free recipes.
- New-style "Nutrition Facts" label.
- Added ability to create and print nutrition labels for multiple portion sizes for a recipe.
- Added a French version of the "Nutrition Facts" label for French-Canadian customers.
- Created a new label that displays the "Nutrition Facts" information with additional fields for company logo, selling price, user-defined instructions, bar code, and a batch number.
- Ability to copy physical inventory numbers to a different date.
- New Managed Tasks for Mobile Solutions - This provides the ability to manage multiple inventories and multiple employees. Each physical inventory location can be assigned to an individual using a mobile device. Managers can monitor progress of inventory taking from the start of counting to completion.
- For Mobile Tablet users: liquor inventory items can now display appropriate "bottle shape" graphics for partial counting.
ENHANCED Recipe & Menu Costing Functions
- Implemented "Q Factor" where an extra cost may be determined as the percentage of a recipe.
- "Price History" has been enhanced to allow for secondary pricing of recipes. Secondary pricing can be used to represent periods, such as "Happy Hour Price" or "Lunch Price".
- Added a "Search for Inventory Item" screen activated by a right-click that can be used for searching for ingredients when writing a recipe.
- Ability to set all (selected) recipes to "Saleable", "Production", or "Active" from "Recipe" drop down menu.
- Added ability to merge recipe "Authors".
- Extended spell check capability to include spell checking of recipe names.
ENHANCED Requisition and Transfer Features
- "Date/Time limit" added for when requisitions can be placed.
- Added ability to forward a received requisition or aggregated requisitions to another profit center.
- Implemented concept of "Areas" within profit centers such as "Deli", "Bakery", "Meat Counter", etc., where items can be "requisitioned from" and then where product can be "transferred to".
- Added ability to mark all individual requisitions to the "Pulled" status.
- Added ability to "Check Inventory" for all items on Master Requisition (MR).
- Added "Requisition Pick List" and "Requisition Shipping Manifest" reports for a Master Requisition.
- Ability to create individual requisitions (IR) from a Master Requisition (MR).
- Ability to have a unique pick list unit.
- Ability to scroll through multiple requisitions without opening each requisition.
- Ability to send multiple open requisitions to a Master Production Sheer at one time.
- Ability to multi-select requisitions out (from a store) and send them all as one MR (in a commissary).
- Ability to specify "Area" on a requisition to be sent, such as "Deli Counter" or "Cheese Counter", for localized delivery of product.
- "Requisition Areas" has been added to the following reports:
- Aggregated Requisitions
- Pick List
- Requisition In
- Requisition List
- Shipping Manifest
- Summary of Requisitions
- Requisitions with blank or zero quantities are displayed in identifying color.
- Property implemented for either "Use Requisition Fill Unit" or "Use Requisition Pricing Unit" when checking/filling a requisition.
- The counts of "Open" and "Partial" requisitions are now displayed on the treeview in the "Individual Requisition In-box".
- Enhancements to Requisition Shipping Manifest:
- Now includes store route number and load sequence.
- Total cost of shipment and total cost of each line item added to report.
- Added "From Address" and "To Address".
- Pick List now includes store route number and load sequence.
Lot Tracking Module
- Ability to create "Batch Number Labels" for the Zebra printer.
- Ability to add Lot and Batch Numbers on Requisitions.
- Allows for tracking of raw ingredients that have been recalled.
- Provides complete lot tracking from receipt of inbound ingredients from vendors to produced food that is ultimately shipped to customers.
- Provides both forward traceability from ingredients to customer shipments of produced items and
backward traceability from customer shipments, to manufactured batches and finally to ingredient
receipt from vendors.
Waste Tracking Module
- Track waste by:
- Station - such as Hot Line, Salad Station
- Loss Reasons - burnt/over cooked, dropped, customer issue, expired, damaged, spoiled
- Disposition - garbage, garbage disposal, pulper, compost bin, donated
- Employee - hold your staff accountable for the waste they contribute
- Shift - determine if there is a particular shift where there is more waste
- Allows for pinpointing the areas where the most waste is being generated.
- Go Green! Create less landfill waste with a more environmentally friendly operation and greener working practices.
- Schools, colleges and non-profit businesses can now account easily for donated inventory items.
ENHANCED Production Management Module Features
- Added color coding of production items on Master Production Sheet (MPS) and Location Production Sheet (LPS) that have future delivery date (e.g. pre-holiday orders)
so that production team knows not to start on these items.
- Ability to create Master Production Sheet (MPS) from a Master Requisition (MR).
- Display "Day of Week" on "Food Production Worksheet".
- Automatically update requisition transfer quantities based on actual production numbers.
CorTec Specific Functionality
- On "CorTec Setup" screen added new options:
- "Send Bids with inventory".
- "Send Key Inventory Flag with inventory".
- "Send Perpetual Unit with inventory".
- More flexibility and functionality in specifying information to be sent from one profit center to another. E.g. "bids", "perpetual inventory units", "key inventory flag", "photos/videos", etc.
- Ability to overwrite specific information when sending from one profit center to another. With this new feature, information such as "inventory category", "accounting inventory category", "requisition fill unit", and "shopping list unit" can either be overwritten or it can be left alone in the receiving profit center.
ENHANCED System Quality Control and Audit Features
- Implemented unicode support to allow for every character no matter what language.
- Time-saving feature allowing auto-activation on first login to ChefTec.
- Ability to specify different languages for different profit centers.
- New, powerful System Administrator user interface that categorizes tasks by function for easier viewing.
- Ability to multi-select tasks for groups when setting rights for quicker setup.
- Increased delineation of specific function for user rights.
- Better organization of system administrative rights through the use of an expanding/collapsing treeview. Each node of the treeview relates to a specific area within ChefTec, such as "Recipes".
- New user rights for placing orders or sending requisitions.
- Messages automatically prompt users when data changes have an impact in other areas of ChefTec, such as when changing an existing unit conversion.
- A new report to track new inventory items that have been added to ChefTec - use this to avoid duplicate inventory items.
- Added "rights" to limit users and groups of users.
- New "rights" added, including:
- Sending recipes to other profit centers
- Editing/viewing sales information
- Editing/viewing requisitions
- Merging inventory items
- Sending invoices to QuickBooks
- View read-only information on the "Inventory Item" screen
- Enable use of global conversions
- Editing/read-only recipe name
- Enable/Disable "Set blank values of Quantity Done from Quantity column" for a Location Production Sheet
- New seamless EDI interfaces added for both UNFI and Maines Paper & Food Service.
- Now handles multiple invoices in single file for Performance Foodservice EDI.
- Ability to auto-import of inventory pricing information from any EDI interfaces.
- Auto-importing EDI can now be scheduled using the Windows task manager.
- Import property added to create one exception for all imports or an exception file for each import.
- Added prompt to notify a user of duplicate invoices if importing will overwrite the existing invoice.
- Increased number of exports can be scheduled.
FOR Caterers and Event Centers
- Ability to prepare and send event invoices to customers.
- Caterease import: Banquet Event Order (BEO) directly into Production Sheets in ChefTec. (Requires v11 of Caterease)
FOR Mobile Solutions Users
- New large-size calendar for ease of use for inventory selection.
- Added "Rejected" and "Shorted" exceptions when receiving orders.
Ease and Flexibility to keep your data happy...
- Ability to merge multiple inventory items at one time.
- Ability to purge data for 'inactive' inventory items.
- Identify 'user added' units by color.
- Specify date ranges for purging data such as "delete all inventory extensions prior to 2011".
Also Available Are These Fine Products!
With ChefTec xt4 you can also take advantage of the very best add-on products and services from Culinary Software including:
||Mobile Solutions - Add mobility to your operation with hand held solutions from CSS. ChefTec Mobile Solutions is an add-on to any version of CorTec
or ChefTec and comes complete with mobile hand held hardware and ChefTec
Mobile Solutions modular software. There are several hardware options to
meet all needs, including tablet hardware, compact specialized hardware, and bar code scanning technology.
ChefTec Mobile Solutions was specifically designed to integrate with
CorTec and ChefTec on the desktop utilizing WiFi to communicate.
Mobile Solutions is an ideal application for operations looking to streamline and speed up inventory control.
||Remote Notifications - Remote Notifications provides the ability to
trigger multiple notifications via printer, text message, or email when specific events occur.
Upgrades to ChefTec xt4 start at only $495. Email us or call 800-447-1466 for more information.
Some of the above features and functionality only available in
CorTec Enterprise and/or
ChefTec Ultra and/or
ChefTec Plus. Ask your sales representative for details.
Which ChefTec is right for you?
Culinary Software Services, Inc.
2930 Center Green Court Boulder, CO 80301 USA (303) 447-3334
Copyright © 1995-2015 by Culinary Software Services, Inc. All rights reserved.